Thursday, March 1, 2012

Feeding

Nolan was put back on the gavage tube yesterday. He was getting too tired throughout the night to continue his feedings, and they were worried he wasn't getting enough. It's fine, though. It could be a million times worse. They are just not ready, they are only 34 weeks!!

I called this morning to see how they were doing and Brooks is taking his bottle feedings so well. The nurse this morning even suggested he might be able to go back on a normal flow nipple. Nolan, apparently, has lost interest in bottle feeding. He's wide awake and gives the cues that he wants to, but then he plays around or is too busy looking around to suck. It feels like a flashback to the biophysical profiles!! Brooks (remember old A...) would always do everything and pass the profiles, Nolan (old B) could always do everything, just not on the days he was supposed to! We know he can suck, and he can eat a lot (he was drinking 50 ccs before), but now he's like, "nah, don't feel like it today". He was doing that to me yesterday, too. I was there with my mom and he was trying to lift his head up, looking all over the place, and wiggling everywhere.

I'm not going over there till a little later today. I am going to try and get some things ready at the house. I hate not being there. : /

No comments:

Post a Comment