Monday, March 26, 2012

Media

As many people know, Shane and I were in the paper yesterday and on the news last night and this morning. 

We had some errands to run today and we ran into a few people we knew who congratulated us on our great news. I also shared the news article to the 2 monoamniotic groups I joined on facebook, so that any moms searching for information can find the article. Hopefully it helps someone, especially if it's someone local. 

I had some reservations about doing anything related to the media at first. I wanted our privacy and I didn't want to exploit the boys. I feel very protective of them and don't want people gawking. At the same time, and Shane reminded me, we were so desperate for any information when we found out about this whole momo thing. If it is on record- through newspapers, tv, my blog, etc.; hopefully if a couple is out there searching for information, they will come across our story. I haven't heard of too many people in the Maryland/ Baltimore area with momo's. A girl from DC contacted me, and I actually know a woman who had twin momo boys 24 years ago. They didn't know much about membranes then, and didn't realize there was the possibility of not having a membrane until her boys came out with a knot in their cord.

I am very appreciative of people taking interest in our story. And I want to thank everyone who has contacted us for being so kind and respectful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment