Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Almost There

We had another sonogram today, and the boys are staying put!

Then we went back down to Labor & Delivery for an "NST"- we learned today that certain people are using this term interchangeably it seems, and what I am really having done are 30 minute fetal heart rate strips. My doctor had told me that these are what I was to have done, but when I had gone down to have them done before, different people had referred to them as an NST, as did the sonogram technician today. It turns out they don't do NST's before 30 weeks. But anyway, the boys behaved pretty well with the strips today. They usually don't like it, especially B- he kicks and squirms, and even kicks his brother off the monitor sometimes. This girl had the strips on me pretty tight, which they hated, but it worked. We are also beginning to have the same nurses over and over, which I find funny. They also put a contraction monitor on me, but since I'm not feeling them, they don't strap it as tight- thank goodness!

My doctor doesn't make appointments on Wed. afternoons because she spends them in the Labor and Delivery Unit. She popped in on us today and laughed at me when she saw me strapped up so much. She said the boys reactive rates "look wonderful for their gestational age", so that made me feel good. I knew my blood pressure would not be very good because I had just left the hospice where my grandfather is, and I warned the nurse. She wanted to keep checking my blood pressure to make sure it was ok, but my doctor said not to worry about it. She turned to me and said, "this is why I don't want you in the hospital too early, they worry about too much shit". The nurse nodded and said, "it's true".

That's all I can think of for now, it's been an emotional and tiring day.

1 comment:

  1. "look wonderful for their gestational age" ...sounds great to me! love all of you, hang in there

    ReplyDelete