Friday, January 20, 2012

Thank You

I'm using this post to thank all of the people who have been there for my husband and I the past few days. It's truly amazing who you THINK cares about you, and who really does when things go awry. Some people really stepped up to the plate these past few days and we could not be more appreciative. I have had so many people call, text, email, and visit me. I know it's hard to visit, and hospitals are not pleasant places to be, but just the texts and the little Facebook messages mean so much. The past couple of days have been so hard emotionally, physically, and mentally on Shane and I, that it's nice to know we have a strong support system around us.

And then there's my mom, who despite having to say goodbye to her father this week, has been here every day, even if just for a little bit; and she calls every night to see how things are going and how all the tests go. I love you mom! :)

And Shane, I could not do this without him. I know he's just as stressed as I am, but he doesn't show it. I can be an emotional wreck sometimes, and I flip out when the monitors change too much, but he always remains calm. He brings me dinners and milkshakes at night, and leaves me notes in the morning. I'm very lucky to #1- be in a hospital close to our home, because I know a lot of momo moms have to move far away from their families; and #2- have a husband who is always there, no matter how tired he is or how much driving around he has to do. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather! I'm sending you and your family my thoughts and prayers. Thinking about you while you're in the hospital! Hugs - Laura Parr

    ReplyDelete