Saturday, February 11, 2012

2 Days... and Our Last Day as a Family of Two!

They let me sleep in today! I woke up at 8:30 and was pleasantly surprised that the transporter hadn't come for me at 8. They came for me around 9:30, so I just got to lay around and relax for awhile. Everything was fine with the dopplers. No absence or reversal of flow, so just one more day of good news and we will have made it through!

The heart rate strips (or I guess they are technically NST's now) were fine in that they were reactive, but A was difficult to get on again. So I guess I stayed on for about an hour and a half, and the nurse had to hold him on for about half the time. We had to have someone come in with the sono, too. I think B is just too big and doesn't have as much room to move around.

I know some people are questioning why not go past 32 weeks if everything is fine. Statistically, 32 weeks is good for twins in this situation. Yes, they will have to stay in the NICU. But every day of this pregnancy has been so dangerous that I agree with my group of doctors that going past 32 weeks is just too risky to keep them out of the NICU for a few days/weeks. Just because I am monitored so often does not mean that something awful cannot happen the minute I get off them. I have heard/ seen so many stories about decelerations and cord entanglement after 32 weeks, and then women have to be rushed into surgery to save babies. And yes, I've heard stories too, where women have made it to 36 weeks and beyond. My husband and I personally do not want to take that risk. I have had 4 steroid injections and have been in the hands of fabulous doctors who have seen this before (although not very many). I'm praying for the best for my babies. Each case of this is so personal to each person, not every momo pregnancy is the same. While there are babies born at 23 weeks and are able to thrive, there are babies born at 39 weeks who don't make it. Shane and I are so scared and nervous, but we are trusting our doctors and we have confidence in our boys to be strong.

Again, thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I cannot thank all of you enough for being there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment