Saturday, February 4, 2012

More Tips & My Schedule

More tips for moms who are becoming inpatient:

- Order extra food, drinks, snacks, whatever from "room service"

- Paper plates; napkins; plastic forks, knives, and spoons- this hospital has a microwave in their "refreshment room" where they have an ice machine, coffee maker, and things like that for visitors. People have made me food and if I have it reheated or order extra snacks from the cafeteria, I need something to eat it with!

- Some people had mentioned in their blogs about bringing sponge crates or extra things for their bed, which I didn't bother with, even though we have them at home. But the nurse told me the other day that they had ordered me an air mattress for my bed, and I took her up on the offer to put it on. Even though I'm not on bedrest, the amount of time I spend being monitored and sitting in certain positions, has really altered the shape of the mattress and my back was KILLING me. Last night was my first night on the air mattress, and while it's harder to move around on, it really helps.


My Schedule of Monitoring:

7:30- Wake up, breakfast, tech comes in and does blood pressure and temperature check

Around 8- a sonogram tech from the Prenatal Diagnostic Center in the hospital comes for me with a wheelchair to have dopplers done EVERYDAY, on Tuesdays and Friday she will also do the biophysical profile, and every 2 weeks on a Tuesday, a growth scan; on the weekends a transporter comes for me and takes me to radiology for the dopplers and they call the diagnostic lab doctor to confirm results

When I Come Back (anywhere between 9 to 10, depending on the day)- fetal heart rate strips for 1 hour in my room

Every single day I have had my doctor come in and talk to me about how things are going and how I am feeling; on the weekends, the on-call doctor from my doctor's practice will come in

3:30/4:00- fetal heart rate strips again for 1 hour in my room

8:30/9:00 (depending on the nurse)- 2 hour fetal heart rate strips

Around 11 pm- tech comes in and check blood pressure and temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment