Friday, February 10, 2012

4 Days Left

Today was awful, for me.

The dopplers were good again (yea!) and all the heart rate strips went well.....

Except for the fact that A is a crazy man lately. You would think that since they are (hopefully) getting bigger, that they wouldn't have as much room to move around.

 The dopplers are a little hard to do because there are always body parts in the way, whereas before they would have these long strips of cord they could use, but that's not a big deal.

The nurse today had a different midwife come in to find them on the sonogram. This one was much more patient about the whole process. B was easy, A was moving all over the place and we finally found him way down on my hip. He was on a few minutes when she had to come back in and he had moved to my side.... killing my ribs. Because he was so high up, I had acid reflux soooooo bad I thought I was going to be sick. They also had to have me lay flat so they could pick him up. I could feel the acid coming up my throat, so I was not drinking. Me +not drinking = contractions. So they made me gulp down my water, which made the acid reflux worse. I took TUM after TUM after TUM. I thought I would just have to roll my head to the side to get sick because I knew I wouldn't be able to get up I was strapped so tight.

It eventually ended, and I didn't get sick, but I took a nap right away. My body ached from being strapped so long (I think it took about 2 hours altogether). I couldn't eat anything, which I felt terrible about because I know the boys need to eat, I just didn't think I'd be able to keep it down. When I woke up around 3:30, the nurse told me they'd put an order in for Prilosec for the acid reflux.

When the tech came in to do my vitals, my pulse was high. Someone apparently wanted to send me to Labor & Delivery, but luckily my nurse knew I was stressed, she had me drink more water and breathe, she talked to me about other things, and she took it by hand- she claims it went down. I don't know if I believe her, but I don't care, because I knew she knew how stressed and dehydrated I was.

 I finally got up around 5:30 and then they put me back on for the afternoon strips. What time did they end? 9:30..... It took another good hour to get A on again, he started up by ribs, moved down to my hip, then eventually stayed on my side for a little while, around 7:30. When the night nurse came in, I told her I would just continue on for the next 2 hours. I don't think I could have just gone off them for an hour just to get back on and suffer for another 3 or so hours to find them again. She did have to readjust A, he moved more to the middle of my stomach, and she tied the straps so tight that I still have marks on my stomach 3 hours later from them, but he stayed on.

Hopefully the next few days are a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment