Wednesday, February 8, 2012

5 Days Left

Dopplers went well today. No punching or anything crazy, just lots of movement, which is good.

This morning's monitoring was ok. The nurse just had the sonogram tech come in and see where they were, but it still took about half an hour to get them on. Again, not that they couldn't find the heartbeats, they could, we just couldn't get them at an angle the monitor would pick them up. I took another nap after that. Then the afternoon one went the same way. A flipped over (I asked the practitioner if he did and she said, "I'm not really sure..."-grrrrr) It took another half an hour to get them on. I was kind of getting irritated because the practitioner/midwife didn't like that their numbers were so close, and I kept telling her that that is how they are AND clearly we were picking up 2 different babies since she was using the sono also. She completely ignored me. I'm sorry, I've only been sitting on this thing for 4 hours a day for the past 24 days (and some days before that), I think I know what their heart rates look like. She had never been in here before, AND she didn't understand why I had to be on it for an hour..... look at my chart! She is the first person I met here who didn't seem to understand the situation. She had a medical student following her around, and she knew more about it then she did! The medical student also asked if she could use me for her case study for school, which I don't mind.

We'll see how tonight goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment