Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Doctor is Going on Vacation!

I don't know if I mentioned before or not, but my doctor is going away and won't be back until the 12th. Today she came by to see if I had any more questions for her and she reassured me that anyone at this hospital can do the c-section and she has lists of specific orders as to what to do if something were to happen before the 13th. This just adds to my nervousness because I trust her and she is so confidant with this situation. She acts like it'll happen on the 13th, and nothing will happen before then.

She also told me she put in all the orders for what I'll be receiving next weekend. We are doing another round of steroids on Friday the 10th and Saturday the 11th. Sunday night I'll get an IV and prepare for Monday morning.

AND every nurse this week has come in and told me that when the babies are in the NICU, I need to rest. They know I'm going to come every day, and I can't imagine leaving them, but they told me I need to rest myself (not from the c-section necessarily) but from my hospital stay. I pictured myself at their bedside all day everyday, but I want to be at my best when they come home. I have to take a lesson from my former preschool teacher-self and LISTEN.... : /

So, I'm hoping it'll definitely be the 13th, but if something happens before then, I hope we catch it and everyone follows her orders. What is to be, will be, I can't control it, I think I've accepted that, not knowing is just making me a mess.

1 comment:

  1. My doctor went on vacation while I was inpatient and while he was gone we had a huge scare in which they nearly took my boys at 26 weeks. Luckily it was a false alarm, and since I didn't make it to 32 weeks and my delivery was emergent my doctor didn't deliver my boys anyway. But is was NOT very reassuring knowing that he was not even in town.

    ReplyDelete