Sunday, February 5, 2012

I've Made it to the Single Digits!

Yesterday started my single digit countdown. Today I am 31 weeks gestation and 8 days away from my C-section!

 I find myself getting more and more excited that this time next week I will be a day away from seeing our boys. But I catch myself because I feel like next Monday will be the beginning of the next challenge- the NICU. I am so excited to finally see these boys, that I haven't even thought about the operation itself. Different people have asked me if I'm ready for the C-section, and I'm like, "sure, whatever" because I haven't thought about it AT ALL. I know I'm being opened up, and I know I will have to recuperate, but all I can think about are how these boys are going to be. I just can't believe I've made it this far. I'm so happy about that.

Everything seems to be going so well with the boys. My dopplers this weekend were wonderful. The s/d numbers were great and there was no absence or reversal of flow in the cords, like usual, but yea! It's amazing how things can change from day to day. The monitoring has been going pretty well. They are definitely reactive, it just gets hard to keep them on. Thursday and Friday days, for both of the morning and afternoon monitorings, B was moving and kicking like crazy. The nurse had to keep coming in to find him, or call the sonogram tech in to find him. For my 1 hour one this morning I had to hold B on at an angle and the nurse had to hold A on. They were rolling and kicking, but not moving to the point that we had to rearrange the monitors. And the past 2 nights have gone really well, too.

I feel great, it's just hard to fall asleep at night because my mind is racing. I'm worried, scared, excited, and thinking about all the things that still need to get done. The nursery is painted, Shane ripped up the carpet to put new floor down in there, my mom feeds our cats when we're not there, and she's rearranged some of our moving boxes so the house isn't such a disaster when we get back. She had to put one of my cats to sleep on Friday, which broke my heart. It wasn't a big surprise, because she wasn't doing well, but still sad. I'm glad my mom could be there with her.

So, 8 days. The days seem to be running together. The past 2 weeks really flew by, the first one was the only one that dragged because I think I was trying to get used to everything I had to do, and then my grandfather... but I'm sure this week will drag just because I am getting so anxious. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your kitty! I'm glad that everything else seems to be going well. I'm thinking about you! -Laura

    ReplyDelete