Friday, February 10, 2012

3 Days Left

I woke up stressed, just thinking about the strips. I had to sleep sitting up because of the acid reflux. The dopplers went well, and they both passed their biophysical! The doctors and techs over there are all really excited for Monday. It was hard finding B's cord because he flipped over and was facing my back, so they had a hard time finding his insertion point in his belly button. That's how they find whose cord is whose. A's is a little smaller in width, but they still like to make sure by going from the belly button and moving outwards.

The first set of strips went fine. I had a labor and delivery nurse today, one who I don't see too often, but she's pretty patient in just letting the boys settle down on their own.

I took another long nap, thanks to the Prilosec, which after my second dose must have really kicked in.

The 2nd set of strips went well, too. I also decided to ask this nurse about what's going to happen on Monday, since she works in Labor & Delivery. She really calmed my nerves. She went through everything in detail, told me who would be there, what to expect, how I'll feel, where the babies will go, what will happen after, etc.

Tonight I had another really patient nurse, my usual weekend night nurse. It's amazing how much more pleasant the strips go when the nurses are patient. Of course, they saw lots of irritation in my uterus and contractions, so I had to keep drinking and going to the bathroom. But, it's before 11pm and I can take a shower and go to bed!

2 more full days in this room, 6 monitoring session left (plus one 2 hour one before the c-section), 3 days till I see our babies, and about a week till I can go home (probably going to be the hardest day ever)!

No comments:

Post a Comment