Monday, February 6, 2012

My Babies Beat Me Up Tonight.... but I Love It

This afternoon's monitoring went well, my mom got me a milkshake, I swear it works for them!

Tonight's monitoring went well also... another milkshake, BUT they had a full-out wrestling match inside of me! As soon as I lay down for the monitoring, it's like they go crazy because they are so sick of being poked and prodded. A was so far up in my rib cage that I could feel his little butt popping out. B moved up a little bit, but they were just like fighting for different positions almost. It hurt so bad, especially with the resistance from the straps on me. The kicking and bumping was so loud that the nurses could hear them out in the hallway.

I still feel great otherwise. I've bitten my lips raw, because I get so nervous before the dopplers, I just bite and bite. My one eyelid is swollen because I rub my eyes so much. I have heartburn, usually at night during the 2 hour strips, but those are really my only complaints.... so I shouldn't complain.

All the nurses and techs are excited I've made it this far. I feel myself getting more and more excited, and planning things for their nursery that I didn't let myself think about before.

I had a dear friend bring Shane and I dinner tonight, so it was one less trip he had to make. One of the techs brought me 2 angel pins for the boys, in hopes that they will behave for the strips. :)

I'm still hoping and praying that everything continues to go well this week, so that I can make it till Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Katie I'd like to come by this afternoon and bring dinner for you guys, let me know what you like and I'll go to Gauls ok? I may just leave it at the nurses desk bec I'm fighting a sinus infection and don't want to give you preschool germs!!! Had a dream about you last night, in a huge hospital room, all ok, and I said you'll be watching sponge bob soon, you said oh no I won't then I said you'll be surprised what you'll be watching!! Ok let me know you're craving, so proud of both of you!!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this blog! I am one who honestly believes that God puts us in certain places at certain times with certain people, and we may never know the reason. We may never know how what we go through with those people impacts anyone else, but He does. I believe that your sharing this blog WILL help someone else who is going through it. It also helps your friends to know what you are going through, and allows you tell many people at the same time. We are keeping all of y'all in our prayers. I love hearing about how rambunctious your boys are!

    Oh - and the 13th is a wonderful birthday to have - they can share it with my sister-in-law and her twin sister!

    Let us know if there is *anything* else we can do for you!

    The Perry family

    ReplyDelete