Tuesday, February 7, 2012

6 Days

Today was pretty rough, but we made it another day!

They BOTH passed their biophysical today! B had hiccups (which count) and A breathed. No one beat up the other one, either, which was nice. Dopplers were good, and the morning strips went fine.

This afternoon, the strips took 2 hours! The nurse couldn't find A, but then we got B on, then we got A on, then B came off, etc., etc. Then when we had both of them on, their heart rates were so close that it seemed like the same baby, they were even getting elevated at the same time. So she had the practitioner come in for a sonogram. I was freaking out. I thought there was only one baby left. I knew I had felt them both earlier in the day, but I was so scared. The practitioner was able to find both babies, and apparently, they just had the same heart rate. She said they can mimic each other (a sign of things to come...?) Eventually they separated, but it took over an hour to find them, and she only made me stay on for 45 minutes or maybe even less because I was having them done again in 2 hours anyway.

I had called Shane, trying to stay calm, and asked him for a milkshake. I guess that helped for tonight. They were both very wild, kicking and bumping me all over, but they stayed on the monitor. A came off for about the last 10 minutes like, "I'm sick of this, see ya!"

I'm curious to see if they ever have any fears about being restricted or beeping noises from all this monitoring. Poor babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment